Support New Castle Public Library on Giving Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020
2020 is certainly a year that we all will remember. The pandemic has changed our way of life in many ways. I’d like to take a few minutes of your time to bring you up-to-date on a community organization that has provided service to the residents of New Castle and Lawrence County for more than 100 years and has continued to serve you with adaptations throughout the current health crisis. While technology and the methods of delivery have changed over that time, you and your neighbors still use the New Castle Public Library to:
· Help our children and grandchildren learn and practice literacy skills
· Enjoy your favorite authors and discover new ones in a variety of formats
· Explore employment and business opportunities
· Find out more about a newly diagnosed health condition
· Learn new skills
· Access the Internet and other technology
· Enjoy cultural and educational programs for adults, teens, and children
The New Castle Public Library supports the efforts of all county residents, no matter their age, economic, or educational level, to improve their quality of life and your financial assistance is critical to our ability to do so. As Alex Haley said, “Libraries are of whatever caliber they are because of what the community wishes them to be.” And I know you wish our library to be the best.
Your generous gift will be matched dollar for dollar by a local Foundation. Just click on “Donate” at www.ncdlc.org or mail a check to or visit New Castle Public Library at 207 E. North St., New Castle, PA 16101.
Sandra Collins, Director