Fun library programs, good books to read, anime, graphic novels, and a monthly Beatnik Café to show off your special talent are just a few of the activities and materials available designed especially for you. Call Sharon, 724-658-6658, ext. 111, to join in the fun!
Spark a Reaction! – Teen Summer Reading Program
Make a difference! Get involved this summer to make something happen!
Check calendar for all programming.
- Oh Snap! Photography Club – If you love to take pictures, this club is for you!
- Teen Advisory Board – What do you want to do at the library? Tell us.
- Beatnik Cafe – Share your talents!
- Buzz ‘Zine – A newsletter created by you!
- Otaku – For anime-lovers.
- Abusive Relationships Resources
- Banned Books Week- Banned Books Week is an annual event celebrating the freedom to read. Typically held during the last week of September, it highlights the value of free and open access to information. Check here, and here, for some lists of banned books.
- Drug Addiction/Abuse Resources
- Eating Disorders Resources
- Looking for a College?
- Readergirlz- Readergirlz is the cutting-edge literacy and social media project for teens, awarded the National Book Foundation’s Innovations in Reading Prize. It is a nonprofit volunteer organization. The readergirlz mission is to promote teen literacy and corresponding social service.
- Teen Read Week- Teen Read Week™ is a national adolescent literacy initiative created by the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA). It began in 1998 and is held annually during the third week of October.
- YALSA’s Teens’ Top Ten- The Teens’ Top Ten is a “teen choice” list, where teens nominate and choose their favorite books of the previous year!