The Friends of the New Castle Public Library is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and supporting the library. The Friends donate monies monthly to purchase the current best-selling titles in fiction and non-fiction. As you look around the Library, shelving, display cases, chairs, and even computer tables were purchased by the Friends.
The Friends of the Library was organized in 1992 through the efforts of Margaret Bidinotto, Jeen Nunn, Ginny Collbridge, Muriel French, and Jody Whitman. Membership has grown over the years as more people learn about the activities and achievements of the Friends. New members are always welcome. Dues are tax-deductible.
Become a Friend –Membership Form
- President: Beverly Gocal
- Vice-President: Beth Kelm
- Treasurer: Kathy Hinckley
- Recording Secretary: Marianne Hooker
- Corresponding Secretary: Betty Catterson
- Board Members-at-large: Diane Fawley and Chloe Buckner
- Friends of the Library meetings are held in the library’s Copernicus Room on the 2nd Monday of each month at 1 pm.
- Friends members volunteer their time to operate and staff The Book Cellar. All proceeds are used to support and expand the services and resources at the New Castle Public Library.
- The purchase of the Kindles for circulation was possible due to a donation from the Friends.